CT.com's Ultimate Bar Bracketology
Official Sweepstakes Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
The Connecticut Bar Bracketology Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") starts at 12:00 PM (EST) on Thursday, March 15, 2012 and ends at 12:00 PM (EST) on Friday, April 6, 2012. The Sponsor of this Sweepstakes is CT1 Media ("Sponsor"). The Sweepstakes shall be subject to these Official Rules, and by entering, all entrants agree to abide and be bound by the terms and conditions herein and the decisions of the Sponsor. The computer clock of Sponsors' webmaster is the official timekeeping device of the Sweepstakes.
1. TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Entrants must be a US citizen or legal resident and a resident of Connecticut within the WCCT-TV viewing area, age 21 or older as of Thursday, March 15, 2012. Void where prohibited or otherwise restricted by law. Winner may be required to provide proof of age, identity, and residency in order to claim prize. To enter, log onto www.ct.com/bracket and complete all required fields in the Sweepstakes entry form including but not limited to name, e-mail, and a vote for your favorite Connecticut Bar.
The original 64 bars were selected by CT1 Media representatives and may only be changed in their sole discretion. Voting will be set-up in 6 rounds as defined below.
- Round #1 - 64 Connecticut Bars (Voting from Thursday, March 15, 2012 at 12:00PM (EST) until Sunday, March 18, 2012 at 12:00PM (EST).
- Round #2 - 32 Connecticut Bars (Voting from Monday, March 19, 2012 at 12:00PM (EST) until Thursday, March 22, 2012 at 12:00PM (EST).
- Round #3 - 16 Connecticut Bars (Voting from Friday, March 23, 2012 at 12:00PM (EST) until Monday, March 26, 2012 at 12:00PM (EST).
- Round #4 - 8 Connecticut Bars (Voting from Tuesday, March 27, 2012 at 12:00PM (EST) until Friday, March 30, 2012 at 12:00PM (EST).
- Round #5 - 4 Connecticut Bars (Voting from Saturday, March 31, 2012 at 12:00PM (EST) until Tuesday, April 3, 2012 at 12:00PM (EST).
- Round #6 (FINALS) - 2 Connecticut Bars (Voting from Wednesday, April 4, 2012 at 12:00PM (EST) until Friday, April 6, 2012 at 12:00PM (EST).
During the on-line voting segment, members of the public will be allowed to vote for their favorite Bar among the selections found on www.ct.com/bracket. Each round, the Connecticut bar with the most valid, non-suspect votes in the on-line voting portion of the Sweepstakes will move onto the next round. The Connecticut Bar that receives the most valid, non-suspect votes in Round #6 (FINALS) will be deemed the Winner. The Connecticut Bar Winner may be publicized on WCCT-TV's website and listed (but not initially announced) on the CT.com Facebook page.
All voters must be located in the United States at the time they cast their vote. Proxy voting is not allowed. This includes but is not limited to creating multiple or dummy emails. No one may purchase votes. The use of automated or third party software or web site to vote is prohibited. Sponsors reserve the right to disqualify any votes cast in violation of the above restrictions. All decisions regarding interpretation of these Official Rules and administration of the Sweepstakes made by Sponsor are final and binding.
2. SELECTION OF WINNER: Votes from Round #6 (The Finals) will be pooled together and one (1) entrant will be selected at random by Sponsor from all eligible entries, on or about Friday, April 6, 2012, and will tentatively be declared the Grand Prize Winner. The odds of qualifying depend on the number of entries received. Winner will be notified by telephone and/or e-mail within two (2) days of the drawing. If a selected Winner is ineligible, if CT1 Media is unable to make contact after reasonable effort and time (two days of initial call), or if Winner fails to pick up the prize and sign the necessary by Friday, 4:59 p.m. ET, April 20, 2012, the prize shall be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner selected by a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries.
3. AWARDING & DELIVERY OF PRIZES: Winner will receive one (1) $100 gift card to the bar that wins the Bracketology Sweepstakes. Gift card may be used toward food, beverage, (including alcohol, if legally permitted). Tax, gratuity, and anything over $100 is the sole responsibility of the Winner. ARV: $100. Federal, state and local taxes, and any additional expenses if any, including travel to and from the bar, are the sole responsibility of the winner. To claim the prize, Winners must come to the Hartford Courant building: 285 Broad Street, Hartford, CT 06115, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, by Friday, April 20, 2012. If the Winner fails to show proof of age and fill out and sign the necessary forms (CT1 Sweepstakes release form and eligibility form) by that date, that winner shall be disqualified and the prize shall be forfeited. Prize is not replaceable if lost or stolen, non-transferable, non-negotiable and not redeemable for cash, credit or merchandise. No substitute prizes are available except at Sponsor's sole discretion. All decisions regarding interpretation of these Official Rules and administration of the Sweepstakes made by Sponsor are final and binding. Prize is awarded "as is" with no warranty or guaranty, either express or implied, provided by Sponsor. All federal, state, and local taxes associated with the prize, as well as all other costs or expenses involved in obtaining and/or maintaining the prize are the responsibility of the Winner.
All decisions regarding interpretation of these Official Rules and administration of the Sweepstakes made by Sponsor are final and binding.
SUCH PRIZE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND THE RELEASED PARTIES HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
4. CONDITIONS & RESTRICTIONS: Entrants agree Sponsor has the sole right to decide all matters and disputes arising from this Sweepstakes and that its decision is final and binding. Except where prohibited by law, entrants 18 years of age and older agree to allow use of their name, voice, photograph, likeness and any information provided on entry form, in any medium of communication, including print, Internet, radio and/or television and for any purpose, including advertising, promotional or other purposes, by Sponsor and/or its affiliates, without additional compensation. Winners by acceptance of a prize, agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, its parent companies and affiliates, and each of their employees, representatives, contractors, Sponsor and advertisers, from any and all liability, losses of any kind, damage, causes of action, costs or claims related to any allegation regarding the award of, the receipt of, or the use of their prize, including without limitation, personal injury, death, property damage, defamation, infringement of intellectual property rights and claims based on the rights of publicity and privacy. Sponsor is not responsible for personal injury of any prizewinner incurred in connection with the use of their prize. All federal, state and local laws apply, and this Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law. Winner must provide proof of legal name, address, zip code, and telephone number to receive prize (for example, in the form of a government-issued driver's license or valid identification card). Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules or attempt to interfere with this Sweepstakes in any way shall be disqualified. The use of automated entry devices or any other conduct that impedes the integrity of the Sweepstakes is prohibited. Sponsors' decisions as to all matters related to the administration of the Sweepstakes and selection of the prize winners are final. This Sweepstakes shall be governed and enforced pursuant to Connecticut law, excluding choice of law provisions.
Sponsor is not responsible for changes made to the Prizes being awarded; including any delay, cancellation or postponement of the Prize events, and is under no obligation to provide a substitute prize. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing or advertising of the offer, administration or execution of the Sweepstakes or in the announcements of the prizes/prize winners.
By participating in these Sweepstakes, you also agree to have your name, biographical information, and likeness used in any and all media for promotional purposes relating to these Sweepstakes or future similar Sweepstakes without further compensation or notice, except as prohibited by law. Neither the failure of Sponsor to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of these Official Rules nor the failure, delay or omission by Sponsor in exercising any right with respect to any term of these Official Rules, will be construed as a waiver or relinquishment to any extent of Sponsor's right to assert or rely upon any such provision or right in that or any other instance.
5. ELIGIBILITY: Employees (and their respective immediate family members) of media outlets within the Hartford, Connecticut market or of the Hartford Courant, WTIC-TV/WCCT-TV, Tribune Television Company, and of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising agencies, are not eligible to win. The term "immediate family" includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as "in-laws," or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related. This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited and outside Connecticut. This Sweepstakes shall be governed and enforced pursuant to Connecticut law, excluding choice of law provisions. Winners who have won a prize from a promotion sponsored by CT1 Media within the last six (6) months are ineligible and will be disqualified.
6. INTERNET: If for any reason, the Internet-related portion of this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, tampering, fraud, technical failure, or any other cause which corrupts or threatens the administration, security or integrity of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to terminate or suspend the Sweepstakes or any portion of the Sweepstakes. ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE FAIR AND LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES. Information submitted in entries, including entrant's name, address, e-mail, etc., may be used by WTIC-TV/WCCT-TV, CT1 Media and Tribune Television Company for marketing or promotional purposes.
7. FOR A COPY OF THE RULES: Write to, "Bar Bracketology Rules"; CT.com, 285 Broad Street, Hartford, CT 06115 (Attn: Marketing) or go to www.ct.combracket. For a Winner name; write to "Bar Bracketology Winner"; CT.com, 285 Broad Street, Hartford, CT 06115 (Attn: Marketing). All requests for rules and Winners' lists must be received by Friday, April 20, 2012.
8. SPONSOR: CT1 Media, 285 Broad Street, Hartford, CT 06115.
Copyright © 2014, WTXX-TV