Teams The Coin Likes Better Than Me:
1) Kansas City - I think they have the potential to surprise some people. But 12 wins and the #1 seed in the AFC. Color me shocked if that happens.
2) Arizona - I know they finished strong last year and they have talent in various places on their roster, but a division title? I'm not seeing it unless Kevin Kolb becomes the QB Andy Reid duped them into believing he was.
3) Washington - I think the 'Skins are going to be a tough out this year. I think RGIII will help them steal a few games they have no right winning. But not enough to be a playoff team...yet.
Teams I Like Better Than The Coin:
1) Baltimore - Four wins?!? One of the three worst teams in the league?!? Is the coin predicting some kind of massive team plague? The coin has them going 1-5 in the division. I'm high enough on Cincy and Pittsburgh though to believe that this year.
2) Chicago - Eight wins seems liek a pretty fair assessment for a team that has really lived up to expectations in the Cutler era (sans one season). But I actually think this team is going to be pretty good this year. I could see 10 or 11 wins and battling Green bay for the division title.
3) San Francisco - I am a firm believer that this team takes a step back this year. Possibly a big step back. But, a losing record? No. I still think they win their division but a repeat of last year is not going to happen.
Surprises I Think The Coin Could Be Right On:
1) San Diego - I could totally see this team crapping out this year. They just don't impress me at all.
2) Detroit - Rough off-season. Could easily translate on the field come the Fall.
3) Pittsburgh - I don't put a lot of stock in pre-saeson games but did you see how many times Big Ben was running for his life and having to move out of the pocket against the Eagles 2nd string DEs? (Trent Cole and Jason Babin were both out with minor injuries.) This team could be fantastic or they could get their QB killed with another year of poor O-line play. The jury is out for me on Pittsburgh right now.
Coming next week I'll show you how The Coin shakes out the playoff match-ups all the way to a predicted Super Bowl champ.